Friday, November 11, 2011

Nostalgia...

This is a collection of some of the old Doordarshan serial songs and ads...hmmm.....feels good to be back to our childhood... :-) If you were a child in the 80s and 90s then you will surely enjoy these nuggets when life wasn't so complicated and we used to just have one channel on TV and a couple of channels on the Radio...and very few ads which we can still remember...

One of the songs which used to play on AIR...Ghanashyama Sundara

One of my favorite serials and title song (Tehkikaat)...I used to never miss an episode of this..

Another one of my favorite detective serials...I used to loveeeeee thisss....Byomkesh Bakshi

A funny serial which I used to watch regularly - Flop Show Great job Jaspal Bhatti ji...

A regular serial to watch to build up my General Knowledge bank - Surabhi - wish there were more programs like this one...

One of the earliest animations on DoorDarshan channel - for National Integrity - Need to play this even now on all channels...

Cute ad - can't forget this one - Jalebiiii....

mmm....Diary Milk ...sweet memories...

Patriotic ad - Hamara Bajaj

My favorite cartoon (obviously second to Tom & Jerry) - Jungle Book aka Mougli

Another good title song from those days - Chandrakantha

I think when we are kids we always aspire to be superheroes just like Shaktimaan

My first introduction to Arabian folk tales - Alif Laila

Another of my favorite patriotic song - Mile Sur Mera Tumhara

Really got me into the meditative mood early on - Om Namah Shivay

Freedom Run - old memories are flooding back...

Another favorite classic which I just stumbled upon in YouTube - Pingu - I don't remember this being telecast for long...but really brings back a lot of memories :-)

I will keep updating this list as and when I come across any of the old favorites...

No comments:

Post a Comment